About Me

My Photo

I make jewelry. I sell my items on Etsy as BareMoose and on Zibbet as victorianmoose. Please check out my shops.

Thank you

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

DIY Ear Cuff Display Tutorial Ideas

In the diy ear cuff tutorial I posted yesterday, I said I would post pictures of ear cuff displays that are suitable for gifting or selling.
So...here they are:







I made the cuff display above exactly the same as I made the cuff display in the tutorial yesterday.
It's simply different colors and embellished differently.
If you want to make a display like this one, go to my supply blog Secret Solace Supplies for a tutorial on the roses, leaves and vines. I do have a rose tutorial on this blog but I think the one I linked to on my other blog is easier to follow.








This cuff display uses the same steps as yesterdays tutorial as well.
I had a bubble gum pink shade of polymer clay that I didn't really like so I mixed it with peal and a darker pink and used it for this display.

I made the 2 roses with the darker pink.

I bought a Dollar Store plastic Halloween necklace that had a skeleton pendant. I cut the skull off the pendant to use on this display. The skull had a large circular back so I cut the back of the skull off. I pressed the skull into the clay, removed it for baking and glued it into the impression once the clay cooled.

I rolled 2 long pieces of black clay and formed them into snakes. I textured the snakes using the spine of the skeleton pendant. I rubbed mica powder on the textured area of the snakes using my finger. I dipped a toothpick in mica powder and pushed it in the clay for the eyes. I used a craft knife to cut a mouth.

I hope I have inspired you to make ear cuff displays :)

Can you make these to sell?  Absolutely!
Can you make an exact copy of my designs and sell them?  Yep!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of the items in my Etsy store. Stop by!!! http://www.baremoose.etsy.com

Come and Zibbet!!!!!!!!!