Monday, August 2, 2010

Crabby Dick's - Port Tobacco, MD

I decided to take my dad and daughter to Crabby Dick's in Port Tobacco Maryland. I wanted to go to this particular restaurant because I've never been before.
When we arrived, we were faced with a dilema. How do we get into the restaurant???


The picture above was taken from the parking lot. As you can see, there was water between us and the restaurant.




Then we saw the stairs. The very, very tall stairs which is pictured above. The archway is actually the top of the stairs.
These stairs are not only very tall but they are rather rickety as well.





At least they were kind enough to provide a resting place :)







The 4 pictures above were taken from the top of the stairs.



Another profile picture of the stairs.
My dad will be 89 years old in September and I am sure this climb was rather tiring for him. I couldn't help but wonder how anyone physically handicapped could possibly patron this restaurant.
Once inside, I asked our server how on earth they expected everyone to get to the restaurant, especially the physically handicapped. He looked puzzled and said "well, there's a ramp right out there". Out where??? I didn't see a ramp.
He was kind enough to point to the ramp. And...it was on the opposite side from which we came.
I had parked at the Port Tobacco Marina and we had entered the restaurant from the back!!!




Port Tobacco Marina



Port Tobacco Marina - taken from the stairs

My daughter, Cynthia, heading back down the stairs to the Marina. We had to get the car and drive around to the front of the restaurant to pick up my dad.


Outside eating area at Crabby Dick's


My dad at the front of Crabby Dick's


Our meal.
We were treated to Old Bay seasoned potato chips while we waited for our food.




Next, we were each given a sample of cream of crab soup and vegetable crab soup. Both were yummy.

We ordered crab and spinach dip. Cynthia and I love crab dip.

Cynthia had cream of crab soup.

My dad had a crab cake and baked potato.

I ordered a 1/2 dozen steamed crabs. Yum!!!

The food was good and the server and manager were super nice.
I love seafood and especially love seafood restaurants on the water.

My dad, Bill, waiting at the FRONT of the restaurant.


















































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of the items in my Etsy store. Stop by!!! http://www.baremoose.etsy.com